Asia Aviation was listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand under ticker name "AAV" with the fully paid-up capital. The Company held a current of 100% in Thai AirAsia.
Asia Aviation was incorporated on February 14, 2006 as a company limited with a registered capital of Baht 410,000,000, being common shares of 41,000,000 shares at the par value of Baht 10 per share. The Company is a holding company, which makes an investment only in the low-fare carrier business under Thai AirAsia Company Limited ("Thai AirAsia"), held 50% during that period.
On June 21, 2007, management team, consisting of Chief Executive Officer and high-level management personnel, did a buyout on Asia Aviation from the shareholders at that time as the management team has foreseen the potential growth of Thai AirAsia. In November 2011, Asia Aviation acquired an additional 1% shareholding from Mr. Tassapon Bijleveld and held 51% in Thai AirAsia. Asia Aviation then became the public company on December 26, 2011 with a registered capital of Baht 485,000,000 and a paid-up capital of Baht 410,000,000, being common shares of 4,100,000,000 shares at the par value of Baht 0.10 per share.
Asia Aviation was listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand on May 31, 2012 under ticker name "AAV" with the fully paid-up capital. Asia Aviation has begun the Shareholding Restructuring Plan. On December 8, 2021 Asia Aviation increased share capital in Thai AirAsia in the amount of Baht 3,900 million and increased its shareholding in Thai AirAsia from 55.0% to 69.2% and purchased the remaining 30.8% of the shares to solely hold the shares in Thai AirAsia on January 20, 2022.