The Company and Subsidiary
Thai AirAsia began operating domestic air services from Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai (Songkhla), Phuket and Chiang Mai as well as our first international flight from Bangkok to Singapore with two Boeing 737 aircraft.
Asia Aviation was incorporated and acquired 50% of shares in Thai AirAsia.
- Thai AirAsia moved our hub from Don Mueang International Airport to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Thai AirAsia received our first Airbus A320 aircraft.
Thai AirAsia launched our second hub in Phuket.
Thai AirAsia fleet is comprised of single aircraft type, the Airbus A320.
- Asia Aviation was listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and increased its shareholding in Thai AirAsia to 55%.
- Thai AirAsia received our first aircraft under finance lease term.
- Thai AirAsia moved our hub from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Don Mueang International Airport.
Thai AirAsia reopened our third hub in Chiang Mai.
- Thai AirAsia rewarded The World Best LCC's OTP in 2013 from Flightstats.
- Thai AirAsia launched our fourth hub in Krabi.
- Thai AirAsia rewarded The Best of Airline from The Best of Thailand Awards voted by Chinese tourists.
- Thai AirAsia launched our fifth hub in Pattaya (U-Tapao International Airport).
- Thai AirAsia launched our sixth hub in Hat Yai.
- Thai AirAsia received Airbus A320 neo aircraft, the first of its kind in Thailand.
Thai AirAsia is the first Thai Low-Fare Carrier to receive AOC Re-Certification.
- Asia Aviation received outstanding investor relations award in SET Awards 2018.
- Thai AirAsia received Marketing Excellence Awards of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn from Thai Management Association (TMA).
- Thai AirAsia operated 62 aircraft with 1,384 flights per week to 66 destinations.