The Company and Subsidiary
Thai AirAsia began operating domestic air services from Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport to Hat Yai (Songkhla), Phuket and Chiang Mai as well as our first international flight from Bangkok to Singapore with two Boeing 737 aircraft.
Asia Aviation was incorporated and acquired 50% of shares in Thai AirAsia.
- Thai AirAsia moved our hub from Don Mueang International Airport to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Thai AirAsia received our first Airbus A320 aircraft.
Thai AirAsia launched new hub in Phuket.
Thai AirAsia fleet is comprised of single aircraft type, the Airbus A320.
- Asia Aviation was listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and increased its shareholding in Thai AirAsia to 55%.
- Thai AirAsia received our first aircraft under finance lease term.
- Thai AirAsia moved our hub from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Don Mueang International Airport.
Thai AirAsia reopened hub in Chiang Mai.
Thai AirAsia received Airbus A320 neo aircraft, the first of its kind in Thailand.
Thai AirAsia is the first Thai Low-Fare Carrier to receive AOC Re-Certification.
- Asia Aviation received outstanding investor relations award in SET Awards 2018.
- Thai AirAsia received Marketing Excellence Awards of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn from Thai Management Association (TMA).
- Asia Aviation has been listed for the first time in Thailand Sustainability Investment (THSI) of 2019.
- Asia Aviation won Best IR Website of South East Asia
- Thai AirAsia received Airbus A321 neo aircraft, the two first of its kind in Thailand.
- Thai AirAsia launched new hub in Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Asia Aviation listed in the Thailand Sustainable Investment (THSI) of 2020.
- Asia Aviation won Best Annual Report of the South East Asia.
- Thai AirAsia operated 62 aircraft with 785 domestic flights per week to 25 destinations and 551 flights per week to 42 destinations (before the suspension operations).